Tuesday, May 29, 2007

last night, this morning

must report on my phone conversation from last night with Margie since there was much positive, and then I'll bring you up to speed on this morning:
Her day yesterday was much better: The D seems to be slowing down, she was finally given Lasix to combat the edema and speculated that she'd gotten rid of about 1500 cc's. Yay!
she was still in the temperature zone and still on vancomyocin (spelling?) her diet still (last 3-4 days) has been clear:
red jello and chicken broth. She's gotten some mouth sores, but doesn't feel like she's too bothered by them.
So, all in all a better day.

So, this mornings report:
Last night heart irregularities so they did an ekg and then turned out that she her heart "calmed" down without any intervention. They started her on an oral med as a preventative and now she's on a cardiac monitor.
No more D last night, luckily since she had her "swat team" in the room tending to her heart.
Temp is finally down to 37c.

Margie's enjoying the staff at the U hospital, she's been writing short stories which I will transcribe here at some point.


So, yesterday's post included Haiku, which I realize now that not everyone may be aware of what it is.
Well, if you know, skip this section.
Haiku is a poetic form and a type of poetry from the Japanese culture. Haiku (pronounced High-koo) combines form, content, and language in a meaningful, yet compact form. The most common form for Haiku is three short lines. The first line containing 5 syllables, the second line 7 syllables and the third line containing 5 syllables. Haiku doesn't rhyme. A Haiku must "paint" a mental image in the readers mind. This is the challenge of Haiku- to put the poem's meaning and imagery in the reader's mind in only 17 syllables over just three lines of poetry.

So in that spirit, here's a couple I wrote for Margie:

My all day menu,
A culinary delight.
Jello, chicken broth.

-----------------

To the hospital:
Cards, photos and well wishes.
Mail lost forever.

------------------

Love, Kathleen

2 comments:

  1. Dear Margie,
    here are the words to a song that was on my heart tonight:
    "Shout to the Lord"
    My Jesus, my Saviour
    Lord there is none like You
    All of my days, I want to praise
    The wonders of Your mighty love.

    My comfort, my shelter
    Tower of refuge and strength
    Let every breath, all that I am
    Never cease to worship You.

    Shout to the Lord all the earth let us sing,
    Power and Majesty, praise to the King,
    Mountains bow down, and the seas will roar,
    At the sound of Your Name.

    I sing for joy at the work of Your hands, Forever I love You, forever I'll stand,
    Nothing!!!! compares!! to the promise I have in YOU.
    love
    SuzyD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Health care system works

    Provides Mom with what she needs

    Back on Bainbridge soon


    love,

    Randy

    ReplyDelete

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker