Thursday, May 24, 2007

Yeah!!! Post Chemo!!! An All Nighter, Yikes!!!

Anyone know how to spell diahrrea? Is this the correct spelling? Or is it a four letter word? Just imagine the worst you've ever had, Its a hundred times worst. So pray.

The nurses have to gown up to dump the urine in my bathroom. I was in the bathroom literally all night my eyes were burning with the toxins coming out of me, but all is well. Dr. Geoges came in this afternoon and said I don't have any bowel damage, I have no abdominal pain which is a good thing. Tested my potassium it was a little low, but overall, I'm doing well.

Had lunch today and salad which Cathy ate and soup which Bob ate. I had some chesse which tasted like wall paper paste, and (my taste buds arnt in tack right now) but i ended up having crackers with it and did ok. They broght me some high nutritional clear drinks and had lots of nutrition, so I'm gradually getting back into the eating thing.

Randy and Kathleen are going to Grace Cathedral to a wedding and the reception will be at the Mark Hopkins Hotel, and will dance the night away as a former ballroom dance instuctor I'm sure they will be the life of the party. Cant you just imagine the dancing with the finest orchrasta?!!!

Kathleen and Randy please blog us of this great experience the both of you, both perspectives. Please send pictures on the blog, this is a happy moment we want to know about, I love happy moments.

Thank you everyone for reading the blog, I love you all, Love M

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mom, "Hi"! We are so glad to hear that the extra strong chemo treatment is over. It sounds like it really put you through the ringer! But, as usual, you remain upbeat and in good spirits about it all, which has got to help! When do they administer the next treatment and what is it? Radiation? I hope you have some time to recover and feel better before the next onslought. I sent you a card recently to your address there at the hospital. I'd like to know if you got it for 2 reasons. First, I want to make sure you can actually recieve mail sent to you there, and second, I think I may have put an "old" postage stamp (39 cents instead of 41 cents) on it by mistake...oops! I figure if this happened it will make quite the silly trip for a lack of 2 cents. Since my return address is in Idaho they will send it from Yucca Valley to Sandpoint. Then they will forward it back to me in Yucca Valley! It will take a while for all of this to happen, so I won't even know for some time. And that's providing that they even forward it to me with insufficient postage. Ho hum..... Anyhow, we just want you to know that we are thinking of you and hoping real hard that you bounce back from this latest assalt fast and well. I love to hear about the people they have told you about, and better yet put you in contact with, who have come through these same things and are now doing great. That is the best possible thing for you (and all of us) to hear about. I fully expect you to be such a person too one day, lovingly sharing your experiences with others facing this same sort of thing. You can be a wonderful example of success and give them hope to endure all that they must go through. That is such an important gift to pass along. Eddie and the boys are all doing well these days. My Dad and Barbara are down at their condo in Palm Desert this weekend so we are driving down there tomorrow to visit with them. It is about an hours drive from here each way. They were not able to come down for Dashiell's birthday so they are taking him (and us) out to celebrate it tomorrow night. It's always about 15 degrees hotter down there on the floor of the desert. At least up here in the high desert we also have nice breezes too. We haven't replaced the air conditioning system yet so we are relying on the windows to help keep it tolerable. So far, so good, but it is getting steadily hotter so we are actively trying to find someone to put the unit in now. We had to wait for the loan money to come through so we could continue the project and fund all of these little goodies. I guess it's now the season when everybody wants to put in air conditioning though so it's not so easy to find someone to do it. I am presently finalizing the design of the kitchen and will order the cabinets the first of next week. I really enjoy figuring it all out. It's like a big puzzle trying to make everything you want to include fit just right in the specific space available, while also trying to make it all look pretty. I can't imagine ever turning over the fun of it to someone else, like when people hire a designer to do everything. It's definately more limiting to do things in a remodel though because there are just some things you cannot change unfortunately. But it is still satisfying to make the most of what you can do and have it turn out well. I'm glad you guys got to see it in it's most dilapidated state so you will really recognize the difference! Please give Dad and Cathy and Debbie and Mike and Carol our love. I'm so glad you have such a wonderful support team to help you through all of this. We miss you and love you and keep you in our thoughts at all times. Keep up the good work of being so positve, strong and sturdy! All that exercise has really paid off!! You're an inspiration.... We love you, Susie, Eddie, Dashiell and Sully

    ReplyDelete

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker