Sunday, July 1, 2007

Fireworks Week

This is Cathy, I came over this afternoon on the beautiful ferry (except for the price)And Seattle is bustling and getting already for the fourth There are two displays that go on, one over lake Union, and the other over Eliot bay where the ferry comes in.And with all the boats in the waterways everyone is out on their boats.Everything in Seattle comes to a screechin halt in Seattle and just focuses on Independence Day.In this area with all the scenic beauty people really get into it and make plans to do something. To be part of the celebration. Margie says her plans are to eat hot dogs, and get as close to the big fireworks as they can as they are going off.So celebration time is about to begin. What are you all doing for the fourth?

So I arrived a couple hrs ago and Margie answers the Door and she absolutly looks fantastic and its not just the new wig!Although its lovely on her. We talked and laughed about e-harmony. If anyone wants to know about it ask Billy.

Margie says, Seven days after getting out of the hospital, and bolstered by platelets and blood transfusions I'm starting to feel real good. The first four days( the new wig helps!)my body felt like led that has gradually gone away. I'm sleeping nine hrs at night and sleeping an hr in the afternoon.I've got a busy week coming up tomorrow in the morning I get platelets, then go to the hospital for a abdominal ultrasound, why I don't know. Then at four o'clock at the hospital they will do a dry run to recheck all my measurments and positioning for the spinal crainial readiation, to start July 5, for tweleve days. Tuesday is my next bone marrow biopsy, the results of which will determine if i'm eligible for the transplant now. If it doesen't it will mean more chemo, to try and get back in remission. I'll know those results by the end of the week. I'm trying to prepare myself for what i'm going to be told.

It means the world to me that all you bloggers have been faithful to following along with everything here. I know it isn't easy. Your commitment to be willing to travel this road with me even to the degree that this blog allows, gives me great strength and definatly makes me feel loved. I just read in a book written by a cancer patient who said he believes when he receives a card wishing him well, that that card is in fact a physical expression of a prayer.And I'm saying any and all of your best wishes expressions of concerns, thoughts for me and my familys welfare I consider the same. So thankyou.Thank you especially to Kathleen for bolstering, buttresresting the blog over this long six weeks that i have not been up to doing it. Thankyou everybody for your summer plans they were alot of fun to read.A special thanks to Lara for giving us a tour of the East Coast with her family.Lara we so enjoyed the Haiku. Love to All Margie

3 comments:

  1. hello margie
    i'm back at home for a while and hope to get to see you befor i ship out once agian which i will make a point to do so,all is well here at home and i guess you have read that i'm going to be a new grand pa in Feb..finally oue that lives close to me.

    I'm up to date on the progress and I'm preying for you every day.you are a VERY strong woman and I;m so proud of you for the way you r taking this battle on it's a wounderful example to all of us how to fight the battles we might face in the future. and we thank Kathieen also for the great job she is doing.

    we will be in touch

    love Richard and Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margie,
    I'm so glad you got a laugh from those haiku (I get a chuckle just thinking about them!) and that you enjoyed reading about our summer plans. We are off to NYC tomorrow and so the adventure begins!

    I can add my own 2 cents about e-Harmony, by the way, but that will have to wait... Stay tuned!!!

    Lots of love, positive energy, and happy thoughts coming your way,
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear margie,
    we continue to pray all the time for you here in hillsboro, we are going to joe & michelle's for the annual cedar mills 4th july parade.

    here's an inspirational i got off a website that jeanni giglio turned me on to at sara's graduation party.
    www.flylady.com

    "fighting against what already exists is foolish, accept that things are as they are!, and you will gain the power to determine what they will become!" this reminds me about advice you gave us about our son joe.

    ps. what is the address of the apartment??? we don't remeber it being on the blog??? we need the address if you want to receive corespondence.
    love suzy & paul

    ReplyDelete

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker