Saturday, July 21, 2007

two weeks in limbo ends monday

Limbo-on hold,stuck in traffic, in hiatus, circling above the airport, watched pot never boils, days repetitive, a.m. lab, 3p.m. radiation all lasting 20 to 45 minutes.While I lay perfectly still in the prone position with my head down in a mesh mask in which you sort have to fight for air since the mask is mashed against you no holes in it,well, small holes, I end up breathing through my mouth with seems to dry out in no time. But there is no break and you can't talk or kibidtz with the staff. The first time was the worst as I had to maintain this position for an hour and one half.
This is on a narrow table with my arms back at my sides head down in the mask that is down in a hole and my face is positioned so my chin is pointing up, like your poised to jump off a ski lift.

I don't feel anything while the radation is happening. I have had some minor nausea like the next day. It has gone well it is just so mysterious as to what is happening to you, and then at the same time not wanting to know. The Dr. did tell me yesterday it is very effective in eliminating any leukemia cell and that actually there isn't a whole lot in the cerebral spinal fluid that just circulates in the spinal column and in the brain. The normal cerebral spinal fluid is mainly a bathing solution with minerals, glucose and some proteins.

If it has one primary purpose it is to wall off your brain and central nervous system from what ever possible ukky stuff might have gotten into your bloodstream so they are two separate circulations that never mix.

So what is left to ponder but that this is the good treatment that is another step in getting well.

Yes,You came through Deborah L Thankyou.

Thank you for posting while you were on vacation Kathleen. I have felt pretty depleated for doing anything other than what has been required.

Thankyou Susie and Eddie for the cards, music cd and the restaurant tips. Dashiell, we really enjoyed your story you faxed -great writing.

Thankyou Suzy and Paul for the cards- for your records, put down that I was born in 1938 Thanks

Love to all Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker