Sunday, July 29, 2007

The shots are working

Hey Guys,

Last night Richard came over and we had dinner, and he took me to the ferry Like 6:20am ferry. Got my shots slept last night and after the third shot I felt it all at once these sensations like waves going throughout my bones and a bit uncomfortable, So here is sweet Margie getting her last day of chemo,Sooo what I found out i had normal white blood cells are for me 7000,and after the first shot, my wbcells went up to 38,000. So now well just do the math. So these waves of stem cell overpopulation stuff is something else!Kinda like a roller coaster ride,I'm amazed that there is an actual physical manifestation!Just knowing what is going on is so incredible.

Richard said when he saw Margie,she looked so good. I was glad to see she was standing up and didn't look as wiped out as he had expected . So we followed her all around the hutch, and I got a brief tour of the cancer center.Then We followed margie in to get her last Chemo. By the time we got home Margie was tired took a nap, got sandwiches , Margie got up asked Bob where's my cottage cheese? And he jumped and off the store again, What a guy!

Margie; It was sure wonderful having Cathy and Richard with us. We talked all through the chemo, telling old stories about mom, to which the nurse could not help overhearing and went from aghast to horrified to laughing. Richard one story we have to mention is:That when he was about nine he was starving and he was ready to do the daily ritual of exchanging sandwiches with his Buddie and to his dismay Saw a big bite taken out of my sandwidh, needless to say no one wanted my daily peanut butter and jelly sandwich, with moms bite out of it.They went on to enjoy their ham and cheese!it was fun having good conversations with all of us together, and the nurse regretted us not being back tomorrow to tell more stories, and then Cathy said No worries our mother wrote a book about her life! We didn't want to leave the nurse hanging.Still feeling good and having a good day! Love M

P.S. From Richard to Kathleen: I know how to spell prey,PREY! I did all along I just didn't use spell chek.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Margie! Good luck with your big/small transplant tomorrow. The Finleys in SF are pulling for you and you will be in our prayers twice a day for the next 100 days. You rock it out!

    We had the best time with kate the other evening and your were a big topic of love and conversation at the table. That ear burning you felt was not the radiation it was all of us talking about how exceptional you are...what a great human you are toallof us.

    ReplyDelete

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker