Thursday, April 26, 2007

An Easier Day

My brother and sister Cathy and Joe, have been sharing our dads bible. We were all suprised when we looked at his bible that he had done art work on the inside, all kinds of color and drawings of flowers, and underlining different passages in different colors, and little personal notes. Cathy found one of his favorite passages and read it to me and it was very moving, hearing that that was one of his favorites. I would like to share that with you all

Psalm 27
The Lord is my light and salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the defence of my life;
Whom shall I dread?
When evildoes come upon me to devour my flesh,
My advasaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.

Thou a host encamp against me
My heart will not fear;
Though war arise against me,
Inspite of this I will be confident.

One thing I have asked of the Lord that I shall
seek;
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to meditate in His temple.
For in the day of trouble He will conceal mein His
tabernacal;
In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;
He will lift me up on a rock.
And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies
around me;
And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
I will sing, yes I will sing praises to the Lord.
Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice,
And be gracious to me and answer me,
When Thou didst say, "Seek My face,"my heart said
to Thee,
"Thy face, O Lord, I shall seek."
Do not hide Thy face from me,
Do not turn Thy servant away in anger;
thou hast been my help;
do not abandon me nor forsake me,
Oh God of my salvation!
For my father and my mother have forsaken me,
But the Lord will take me up.

Teach me Thy way Oh Lord,
And lead me in a level path,
Because of my foes.
Do not deliver me over to the desire of my
advasaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I
would see the goodness of the Lord
In the Land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the Lord.

Love Margie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marge,
    Actually, another one of Dad's favorites was Psalm 18. "The Lord is my Rock..." He is our Rock, our Fortress, our Deliverer, our Stronghold and the Horn of our Salvation.
    Well, I just want to say and I hope today is a good day. I want to thank Kathleen (too too) for setting up this blog for you. Its a wonderful thing. Those were some great pictures of everyone. I think thats the first time I seen a picture of Eleanor since I was a kid. Well, were all doing o.k. here. Hilary is gonna try out to be a cheerleader (Ra Ra). We will be going to an award dinner banquet at Sarah's school next Tuesday to watch her receive some sort of recognition (I'm not sure what for). We'll be stopping in and seeing Mom that evening also.
    Jeff is staying busy with work & school. Well, Michelle sends her love and you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love you.
    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mom, I'm so sorry to hear about your set-back. I know that it must be very difficult to hear that there are Leukemia cells in your body. But the good news, as I understand it, is that they are there only in "patches" (whatever that means) and that they can be eradicated with what sounds like an effective , cutting-edge procedure. If I understand it correctly, they caught this at an early stage. You are in a world class facility where they have access to all of the latest techniques to deal with any problems that may arise on your journey toward a cure. Please try not to be discouraged. I realize that this is easy for someone else to say and hard to do when it is actually you that it is happening to. And of course you must initially go through all of the different emotions that are involved. That's a given. But you have an indomitable spirit and you will cope with this I know. It is only a detour. One way to look at it is that you truly know now that you are on the right path by going with the transplant. From what I have heard so far the silver lining is that they have rescheduled the transplant for 2 weeks later. So they are still willing to bet on you. They don't accept everybody into the program. The fact that they still consider you to be eligible says alot! Leukemia is a formidable foe. The good news for you is that they know so much more about it now than ever before and that they are constantly developing better and less harmful(to the patient) techniques to outsmart it. Remember my story about Patrick. When he developed an aggressive, nearly always fatal form of the disease they used a protocol on him that had only come into being 9 months before. It saved his life. He is today cured, nearly 5 years later. If he had come down with it only a few months earlier he would have died. My point is that we should not underestimate the advances that keep coming for conquering this disease. You took the right step. You put yourself in the place where they can offer you the best care. That coupled with your determination to fight this disease and to win gives you the best possible odds. You are so strong. You will endure. I love you, Susie

    ReplyDelete

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker