Saturday, September 29, 2007

WENT SHOPPING!

yes, I went shopping for some clothes for fall that fit and was that ever fun, what I was picking from was right by the dressing room and I could just go in and out and pick different sizes or match different things. I was a little nervous about having Robert there because we never go together on this kind of shopping.I really didn't think he would want to wait for me as long as it usually takes me to try things on, But it worked out great, he sat on the provided bench near the changing rooms and watched me come and go as I did my thing. I could hear a group of women who were shopping together but mostly helping one in the group who at middle age had right then discovered that the petite size fit her and she never knew about it. They were really carrying on and even got a petite sign to take her picture with, I heard her say I feel like I have been on "what not to wear" Any way they included Robert in all of this and it certainly made it a more interesting wait for him. He told them who I was when I come out. Anyway, it is always so thrilling to actually fit into a smaller size and to feel great.

Our day is run by the weekly schedule issued to us each Friday of when to be at the SCCA and for what tests or infusions, there has not been a day without that since the transplant. Monday I have another bone marrow bx, lab,infusion- Tues, chest ex ray,physical therapy, nutrition and infusion, all this can take most of the day. So far I have not has return sym of coming off the prednizone,in another 5 days I won't be taking any. Eating is better but still limited, I like dried apricots but I can't taste them. The nutritionist helps a lot telling me where I need to head it light of the wasting that the medications can do to negate nutrition.

Thank for the post today Kathleen, you saved me some words so I could talk about something fun. Love to all, M

2 comments:

  1. Hi Margie,

    You are amazing... Seeing all those photos really made all that I've been reading in these blogs more tangible. I am floored by what you and your loving family are overcoming... and especially Robert! I mean, tagging along on your shopping spree! Now, that's love for you! So keep up the good work! Just to know, you were in my thoughts and prayers, as well as Ben's too, during Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services last week (as you are every week...)
    Love,
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi margie, i am so glad that you are feeling a bit better.The best thing to do when down for a girl is to go shopping, its therapy in the making.
    love, rachel

    ReplyDelete

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker