Saturday, September 1, 2007

Transplant day 30

Biggest news to report this week is that Margie's first Biopsy post transplant has come back clear of leukemia cells!
There are two phases of the results and both showed no sign of the cells, so that leaves us with a scheduled lumbar puncture next week which will tell us if there are any L cells present in the spinal fluid. So far, so good!

-yesterday she walked around the block
-hasn't thrown up since yesterday (but she points out that "the day isn't over, yet")

Had physical therapy this week and was given some sitting and standing excersises to do- this'll be a nice diversion and a goal for showing the therapist some progress next week.

I asked her if she was feeling better: a little bit.
Then I asked Margie "on a scale of 1 to 100, and 100 feeling back to yourself, what number would you say you're at?"
her answer: "3"

Ouch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news,
My brother Edward had his birthday last saturday and my apologies as I wasn't able to call and wish him a happy birthday-
Randy had to go in for emergency gallbladder surgery and have it removed! He's fine now and recovering well.
But day and week got changed pretty dramatically as we had to re-group for him being at home this week. (and ME doing all of the cooking!! Something I haven't done in quite some time, as Randy is the chef in our house. Thank you to our good friend Mary F. for bringing by a grocery bag filled with prepared food! Saved my bacon for a couple of nights- I am eternally grateful! So, I've been away from the blog all week and haven't checked in as often as I like to do.

Cathy is back from Mexico and I hope you had a wonderful trip: thank you for posting from your travels. It sounds as though it was a terrific adventure!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only 70 more days to go for Margie to get the umbilical cord cut that is connected to her and the Hutch. She's done great these last 30 days, and I hope that her progress continues and that she feels better than a 3 as soon as possible!

Love to all,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker