Thursday, August 8, 2013

small steps

yes, I know, there's no comment area...yet. I am having a difficult time getting it to go back to comments...but I will, I promise.  Margie knows the well wishes are there...just floating about in the universe, rest assured.

So, this week, some random happenings in the world of a houseguest that visited, wouldn't leave, finally left and now came back, uh, uninvited. (There are so many things wrong with that sentence, but I am just leaving it all in.) train of thought rules.

In not particular order:

- Appointment with the Oncologist this week: Margies now got another bump, mass on the inside of her right leg, presumably to match the one that is on it's way out that took up residency on the left leg.

-An appointment at the SCCA today!! I am very excited to hear about what their "plan" might entail.

-A phone call from a doctor in Europe that is interested in the case. Here's how this went down as relayed to me by Margie:

Margie: Some doctor called me to ask about my treatment. She was calling from Europe.
K: A doctor in Europe? Where? which country?
M: I don't know. She had a very thick accent.
K: What did she ask you about?
M: About the leukemia. She's interested in it and may want to talk more about it with me.
K: Do you know what hospital she's with? How did she get your name or information?
M: I don't know. She just called.
K:How did she hear about you?
M: I'm not sure, but she's interested in my Leukemia.
K: aren't we all.

In summary, some doctor in Europe called Margie.
I don't know about you, but I'm packing my bags.

So, this week: kind of short and sweet. She's walking a little better, but with the addition of another mass on the other leg, that's not a positive development.

I'll post again when I'm feeling less snarky and see if we can't put a little kick in our steps, shall we?

xo,
K



No comments:

Post a Comment

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker