Friday, August 23, 2013

letters from a hospital bed

Dear Leukemia,

 you are so mysterious! I thought the nature of this cancer, by definition is that its blood. As in, all through the body...uh, where blood goes?

But no, you little minx, you show up this time as "masses" showing up in soft tissue like legs. What's the deal with that?

So, this week it's chemotherapy for you, you little bugger and then next week off, then back to the hospital again for another week of hitting you hard.

Hospital stays have their upsides: I can boss around (nicely) the staff here so I know everything that's going on and that way the people that are coming in and out of my room know who's in charge.
I order food off the daily menu.

Ok, that was a short list for hospital upsides, but true to form, I'm keeping a positive outlook and know that in the end, cancer doesn't run my life.

This week here I am treating it as kind of a "lock down" week. That means I mean business as they're even waking me up at 2am for my chemo and it not only takes a lot of energy to do this, but I have to focus on getting well too.

Chemo can really kick ass, so the name of the game is focus...

So, Leuk, we'll be seeing you...
oh, and good riddance.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker