Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Sunday nite

Everything seems to be fine now but I had to be started on antibiotics in what turned out to be a urinary tract infection that also went to my blood. So Sunday nite I had a 101 temp I went locally to get blood cultures done the next day and threw in a urinalysis on my own. anyway I was started on one broad sprectrem antibiotic to try and cover me till the final cultures were in-3days-it turned out it was not the right drug so I was switched to one that would be effective. The same bacteria in my urine was in my blood so they thing that was the source.

The hardest part of all this was it has been pounded into my head by endless medical people that you must go to the hospital immeadiatly if you find your self having a temp whitch were happening for 2 night during the hours the ferry is not running to Seattle. But my Dr. helped me by saying take your temp at bedtime, then in the morning if it is not down then call me- ferries would be running then- so I was able to go to bed and not obsess and keep taking my temp. So that felt good. In the morning it was down and the cultures were completed that day and I DIDN'T HAVE TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL.

love to all, M

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker