Sunday, April 6, 2008

all better

Last day on antibiotics yesterday and I feel soooo much better. I am not sure how a urinary track infection got in my blood,I'll talk to the Dr. about it when I see him on April 16th. My temp dissapeared three days after I started the right antibiotic, but I am continuing to monitor it daily for a while.

I walked today and did my Hutch exercises while I watched a movie. The two weeks with the infection did do a number on me- wiped me out. Now I feel much better, Still can have nice 2 hour naps during the day tho, It is a good feeling to be able to do that. Sort of care free.

This coming week is a difficult one as April 9th is the five year anniversary of the loss of our three month old grandchild, Noah Robert who was born with a very serious congenital heart defect. The Dr's didn't know how long he would live so
his parents, five year old brother and us set the goal that Noah would have the happiest babyhood we could give him. That meant it had to start with us- we had to be happy, be joyous, celebrate his being, marvel at his smile which started early and hold him incessently, oh yes, Noah spent his entire life at home. He had many friends come over,with baby gifts, flowers and food and so many desserts. Noah had a birthday party every week with cake. His grampa gave him his first taste of chocolate cake. He saw the Pacific Ocean, He heard music, admired his brothers favorite toys. Father continued on to work each day to maintain the family. Noah had to eat frequently so I did night duty so Mother could be rested in the morning. It was five years ago but it feels like now. I guess that is the mystery we don't understand. How someone can be here and then not be here when we feel ourselves and others to be forever.

love to all, M

2 comments:

  1. Hi to you all, rachel here.I wanted to let you know im still reading your blogs and praying for you!We have less than 11 days before my husband
    is deployed on his third trip.Pray
    for the familys as we have one that lost there first born from what noah
    had along with brain deteriation.Also one of my beloved friends and rustys had a beautiful boy who has to have cast on his feet and an operation if that does not work.love to you all!
    rachel
    ps willy is doing so good and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case nobody has my new number its
    360-598-0759
    Got my license today.Thank you margie
    god bless you! love rachel

    ReplyDelete

if you must...

 
eXTReMe Tracker